As much as this is a total gag app, it actually made me think. Maybe it isn’t too far off. Maybe that actually is how I will look at 65.
“Seeing” myself at 65 made me think of what I would want other parts of my life to look like. Here’s a working list:
1) Jammie and I have two kids: Boy and girl. Hopefully some grandkids… but that is unlikely given the fact that WE don’t even have kids yet.
2) Homeless: We don’t live anywhere full-time. Instead we have favorite hubs where we kick it. Here’s a sublist of those places: London, Los Angeles, Butte County (CA), Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, Manila.
3) We see those closest to us a LOT: One of my key complaints about life now is that, at best, Jammie and I see those closest to us a few times a year. In the case of my family, it is like once or twice a year. That isn’t good enough. We have GOT to be more mobile.
3) Jammie and I speak: Mandarin. (To keep up with the kids who will have had a Mandarin-speaking nanny.)
4) I’m looking back at a career that: Meant something and helped people. Internationally.
5) I’m still blogging for CultureMutt: And I hope YOU are still reading and commenting:)
6) I’m not scared of my age: I work with a woman who volunteers in my office and is one of the sharpest, most elegantly dressed people I know. Dorothy is 97. I want to be her.
7) I’m in marathon runner shape: I have started running again and my goal is to get in shape for several marathons a year. And keep it up.
8) I am volunteering for something that requires inordinate amounts of public speaking: Maybe it is because I joined Toastmasters (a truly superb, international, Public Speaking society with over a quarter million members worldwide) but I LOVE public speaking and take every opportunity I can get to get better at it. Volunteer work involving public speaking would be great.
9) I’m enrolled in a top-notch culinary institute: I would love to go back to school at 65. Something practical like chef’s credentials would be ideal.
I am sure I’ll add to the list but this is fine for now. How would your list look? Tell me in the comments.
Two More Things…
1) We’ll be looking at the aging process from a multicultural perspective this week so be sure to check back in.
2) At my last weigh-in, I had lost approx 13 lbs since I started my First Monthly Challenge. This will be my last week of the juice / smoothie diet so I am looking for a strong finish and will keep you posted.